The Staff Development Coordinator is a clinically competent, nurse who assumes responsibility for the planning, developing, organizing, implementing, evaluating, and directing of the staff development program in accordance with current existing Federal, State, Benedictine, and community standards.
Plans, implements, and evaluates ongoing education programs for nurses, CNA-NARs, and other community personnel based on educational needs. Develops, implements, and evaluates community goals, objectives, standards of practice and care, and community policies and procedures. Observes and provides instruction to nursing department personnel.
· Current state licensure as a Nurse (LPN or RN), which must be in good standing
· Excellent communication skills enabling the efficient and effective delivery of adult education modules
· Two (2) or more years of experience in long term care
· Knowledge of appropriate systems to document provided training and required regulatory records/CEUs/Clock hours
· Clinical and teaching experience preferred
· Belongs to a staff development or other relevant clinical network or association